Factors that Impact the Speed & Completion of BTC and BCH Orders
A variety of factors influence the speed of order processing and completion:
- 6 confirmations are required
- Larger bitcoin amounts may take longer to get processed for security reasons
- High volume of traffic on the Blockchain can delay order processing
- When delays occur like the ones above, orders can time-out or expire
- Incorrect transaction data entry can lead to an Invalid Payment
- Much more insight into Bitcoin transaction fees here
TIP: Expedite processing time! Set your miner's fees to a minimum level of normal.
Monitor the blockchain where you can see statuses in real time. The key driver of processing speed depends on you -- and the fees you establish. For any order inquiry you submit, here is the information we'll need:
- Order Number
Bitcoin Transaction ID, located in your bitcoin wallet transaction history. It is a set of 64 hexadecimal characters (0-9 & a-f).
Receiving Bitcoin Address:
- Sending Bitcoin Address
Servicing an Expired Invoice in BitPay
- What if I sent a payment to an expired BitPay invoice
- What do I do when an invoice expires but I have not yet paid it?
You can always contact BitPay directly.